Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4D SBA

+29
jacquelineyuen
Tiffany Tang_4D
Jamayau
4Dstephaniechau
chloe
Elaine Cheng
didi1992
harmony_yiu4D
venus
veronica lee
Gabriella
Lydia Wu
gaomm03
angel_chan
daisy
Mayumi Sato
Janet Li 4D
rebecca
sarahchau_4D06
CRYSTAL~WONG 4D
Christine Leung
joveywong
16michellelai
michellecheung
yoyo chan
samanthakongwingman4D14
Julia cheung
IsabelCheng
Mr.Bogart
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty Re: 4D SBA

Post  Tiffany Tang_4D Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:50 am

Wow, Stephanie, the movie you watched is attractive (as least I think so)
I gonna watch it so other time!
Is Karl inhuman? Or is he insane? affraid
Why did he kill his mother and his mother's boyfriend?
What makes you think that it's a excellent movie?

Tiffany Tang_4D

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty 12 Angry Men

Post  jacquelineyuen Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:20 am

I want to share a movie to all of you " 12 Angry Men". This movie is quite old (1957) and it is a black and white movie. Before I watched this movie, I thought that it would be boring, but after watching it I found that it is an outstanding movie! The movie is about an eighteen year old boy from a slum background is accused of stabbing his father to deathand faces the electric chair if convicted. There are 12 jurors, 11 of them believe that the boy to be guilty, only one has no doubt of his innocence. He are going to convince the others toward ths same conclusion.
I think the movie is outstanding and fantastic, because almost the entire movie takes place in just one room, the jury room. Besides, the jurors are never named. Both of these sounds impossible, but the director did it!! Next, the movie is in a tense atmosphere, due to the film takes place in a small room, so you can feel the anger from each of them."12 Angry Men" is a classic movie that should not be missed, I highly recommend it to all of you!=]

jacquelineyuen

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty A Midsummer Night's Dream

Post  Tiffany Tang_4D Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 am

The movie I watched is A Midsummer Night's Dream. The story is wrote by William Shakespeare. This movie is quite funny since it was directed by the amazing director, Michael Hoffman. It is a movie about fantasy and full of romance. I think Michelle Pfeiffer is a glamorous actress. Have anyone watched the movie Hairspray? She was so brilliant there. She acted as Titania, the queen of the fairies in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
The movie begins with Hermia, who refuse to follow her father's will to marry Demetrius. It was because she loves Lysander, and she doesn't love Demetrius. The other reason is she knew that Demetrius was in love with a girl called Helena. Helena is madly in love with him, but Demetrius wanted to marry Hermia. Hermia and Lysander decided to elope through the forest. Hermia told Helena about their plan as they are good friends. Helena then told Demetrius about their plan. Demetrius and Helena began to find them in the forest. Oberon, the king of the fairies, saw this scene. He wanted to help Helena. He told Robin Goodfellow to make Demetrius love Helena. However, Robin Goodfellow was incautious. He made Lysander love Helena. What a funny plot!!! lol! Finally, Oberon was able to make Demetrius love Helena and Lysander love Hermia.
this movie is funny and romantic. If you are free, watch this fantastic movie. I highly recommand Hairspray and all Michelle Pfeiffer movies.
p.s. All Nicole Kidman movies are charming!!! sunny

Last edited by Tiffany Tang_4D on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total

Tiffany Tang_4D

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty 12 Angry Men

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:24 pm

jacquelineyuen wrote:I want to share a movie to all of you " 12 Angry Men". This movie is quite old (1957) and it is a black and white movie.=]

Do you think the fact that it was black and white took away from the presentation of the movie? How about the fact that the setting of the movie was only in one room?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:33 pm

Tiffany Tang_4D wrote:The movie I watched is A Midsummer Night's Dream. The story is wrote by William Shakespeare.

Do you know we are studying this movie in my Literature in English class? How did you feel about the fairies? The big question is how do you think Shakespeare portrayed women?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  yoyo chan Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Mr.Bogart wrote:
yoyo chan wrote:re:mr bogart:
their friendship is just like a diamond which is very strong, nothing can broke it.

But in the story they do have a conflict and separate. Do you remember? But of course in the end they return to their friendship. Do you know why they had a conflict?

Sure! Frodo thougt that Sam wanted to take away the rings and also Gollum always said sth bad about Samand set trap for Sam, so Frodo started to mistrust Sam. More bad things have done by Gollum is he threw away the food, and he said that is Sam threw away the food, so frodo left him and asked him to leave, I dont need u.

yoyo chan

Back to top Go down

Post  yoyo chan Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:58 pm

MOre info. about Lord of the ring!!!Merry the horrbits is acted by Charlie in "Lost", hv u guys realize it???
Also i reli like Olrnado Bloom who is an Elv in Lord of the ring and Will turner, he is very handsome!!!!!

yoyo chan

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty Are you sure?

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:03 pm

yoyo chan wrote:MOre info. about Lord of the ring!!!Merry the horrbits is acted by Charlie in "Lost", hv u guys realize it???
Also i reli like Olrnado Bloom who is an Elv in Lord of the ring and Will turner, he is very handsome!!!!!

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked I never knew that. KEWL!
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  4DVeronicalaw Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 pm

The movie I watch is Finding Forrester. It is a solid, entertaining film about what happens when two very different people are brought together by the same passion: writing.The chemistry between Forrester and Jamal is excellent, and both characters are fleshed out and interesting. Forrester is particularly compelling because he begins the movie as a bit of an enigma, an old man lead a life of absolute solitude, who we learn about slowly over the course of the movie. When all is said and done, we learn that he is a man not unlike any other, who has human flaws of his own. The gradual discovery of the character proves that it is really a fantastic movie. On the other hand, it also brings out a message that we should workhard for our dream and a friendship is not easily form that's why we should treasure it.

4DVeronicalaw

Back to top Go down

Post  joveywong Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:28 pm

4DVeronicalaw wrote:The movie I watch is Finding Forrester. It is a solid, entertaining film about what happens when two very different people are brought together by the same passion: writing.The chemistry between Forrester and Jamal is excellent, and both characters are fleshed out and interesting. Forrester is particularly compelling because he begins the movie as a bit of an enigma, an old man lead a life of absolute solitude, who we learn about slowly over the course of the movie. When all is said and done, we learn that he is a man not unlike any other, who has human flaws of his own. The gradual discovery of the character proves that it is really a fantastic movie. On the other hand, it also brings out a message that we should workhard for our dream and a friendship is not easily form that's why we should treasure it.

Oh finding forrester! I also watched that movie. Actually, I watched it once during Video Club Clubmeeting. Though the ending is quite touching but the whole movie is quite boring. After I have read the introduction, I still don't nderstand what the movie is talking about. I don't even know the name of this movie is talking about the man who is called "Forrester". However, I think the movie has talked about discrimination also, isn't it?

joveywong

Back to top Go down

Post  4DVeronicalaw Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:40 pm

joveywong wrote:
4DVeronicalaw wrote:The movie I watch is Finding Forrester. It is a solid, entertaining film about what happens when two very different people are brought together by the same passion: writing.The chemistry between Forrester and Jamal is excellent, and both characters are fleshed out and interesting. Forrester is particularly compelling because he begins the movie as a bit of an enigma, an old man lead a life of absolute solitude, who we learn about slowly over the course of the movie. When all is said and done, we learn that he is a man not unlike any other, who has human flaws of his own. The gradual discovery of the character proves that it is really a fantastic movie. On the other hand, it also brings out a message that we should workhard for our dream and a friendship is not easily form that's why we should treasure it.

Oh finding forrester! I also watched that movie. Actually, I watched it once during Video Club Clubmeeting. Though the ending is quite touching but the whole movie is quite boring. After I have read the introduction, I still don't nderstand what the movie is talking about. I don't even know the name of this movie is talking about the man who is called "Forrester". However, I think the movie has talked about discrimination also, isn't it?

O really? I think actually this movie is a bit difficult to understand when you first watch it. I understand what it is talking about after i have watched it twice. However, when i get to know what it is about, i think it is really nice. Well.. discrimination? um i dun really think so
By the way this movie is quite suitable for leisure. And if you lose concentration in any part of this movie, u can't follow afterward.

4DVeronicalaw

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty HOOSIERS

Post  mandykan Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:43 pm

The movie I have watched is named “Hoosiers” which is base on a true story about a small town Indiana high school basketball team. The team loses many times already, so the school has hired a new coach, Norman Dale. The team is undersized, players are not undisciplined and the heights of players are quite short compare to the others, so it is difficult for them to win the game. With the help of a town drunk, the team is shaped into an unlikely contender for the Indiana state championship.This film can show us that if we work hard for the things we want, it can be possible to achieve.

mandykan

Back to top Go down

Post  joveywong Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:45 pm

4DVeronicalaw wrote:

O really? I think actually this movie is a bit difficult to understand when you first watch it. I understand what it is talking about after i have watched it twice. However, when i get to know what it is about, i think it is really nice. Well.. discrimination? um i dun really think so
By the way this movie is quite suitable for leisure. And if you lose concentration in any part of this movie, u can't follow afterward.

I guess that you are right. I remembered that I missed the opening of the movie. Maybe that's the reason! I need to find out the setting of this movie at the same time when I should be enjoying it... Sad

joveywong

Back to top Go down

Post  joveywong Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:49 pm

mandykan wrote:The movie I have watched is named “Hoosiers” which is base on a true story about a small town Indiana high school basketball team. The team loses many times already, so the school has hired a new coach, Norman Dale. The team is undersized, players are not undisciplined and the heights of players are quite short compare to the others, so it is difficult for them to win the game. With the help of a town drunk, the team is shaped into an unlikely contender for the Indiana state championship.This film can show us that if we work hard for the things we want, it can be possible to achieve.

Is this movie encouraging? When did this movie produce? I think that this movie will be quite touching also but I am afraid that I cannot understand this movie as I also don't understand the movie "Finding Forrester". You know, since these movies are so similar..

joveywong

Back to top Go down

Post  yoyo chan Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:50 pm

mandykan wrote:The movie I have watched is named “Hoosiers” which is base on a true story about a small town Indiana high school basketball team. The team loses many times already, so the school has hired a new coach, Norman Dale. The team is undersized, players are not undisciplined and the heights of players are quite short compare to the others, so it is difficult for them to win the game. With the help of a town drunk, the team is shaped into an unlikely contender for the Indiana state championship.This film can show us that if we work hard for the things we want, it can be possible to achieve.
which character do u like most? you seems u hv learned a lesson in the movie~ Also do u enjoy watching this film?
Rolling Eyes Question

yoyo chan

Back to top Go down

Post  yoyo chan Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:51 pm

Mr.Bogart wrote:
yoyo chan wrote:MOre info. about Lord of the ring!!!Merry the horrbits is acted by Charlie in "Lost", hv u guys realize it???

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked I never knew that. KEWL!
YS!100% sure! believe me!!!!!!!is charlie in "lost"!!!! cheers

yoyo chan

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty CHINATOWN

Post  juliekwan Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:14 pm

The movie I have watched is called CHINATOWN. To be honest, I thought it would be quite boring (although
Mr. Bogart said that it was great). Once I have started to watch the movie, I was attracted by its beautiful
backgroud music which was full of mysterious and attractiveness. The main character of this movie is Jake
Gittes, who was a private detective and he was detecting an adultery case of a man which came up to several murdering cases later on. The man was killed and there seemed to be some complicated facts behind the murdery. Each part and scene of the movie is worth thinking and that's why the movie is interesting. The most memorable part of the movie is when Mr. Mulwray was found dead in the reservoir ( the dead body was terrible ) until Jake's nose being cut by two men who discovered his investigation. Until the end of the movie, you will understand why is the movie called CHINATOWN (which was an idiom to the whole story) and it will haunt you for quite a period of time. I wish to recommend this movie to all friends who love thrillers and detective stories. Nice Movie! although it was quite old.

juliekwan

Back to top Go down

Post  juliekwan Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:21 pm

veronica lee wrote:Razz Hey guys, i have watched a movie called " million dollar baby" . It is about a girl called Maggie Fitzgerald, a poor thirty-one year old waitress from the very lower classes and with a dysfunctional loser family, decides to make a difference through boxing. She convinces the experienced hardened boxing trainer Frankie Dunn to coach her and be her manager, with the support of his old partner Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris, who sees her potential as a boxer. Frankie has a problematical relationship with his daughter, and practically adopts Maggie along her career.
This movie is worth to watch. I think the director can add more relationship lines, to make the film more attrative, for example love. afro
I have added a comment ..a good student! =]
hi Veronica :] your movie seems interesting---from a waitress to a boxer!
as what you have recommended, how or who (careers, age, characteristics)
do you think should the true love of Maggie be?

juliekwan

Back to top Go down

Post  mandykan Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 pm

yoyo chan wrote:which character do u like most? you seems u hv learned a lesson in the movie~ Also do u enjoy watching this film?
Rolling Eyes Question

Among the characters, I like the coach most. As he is the one who shapes the local boys into a basketball team which can win the championship game. Also, he gives full support to his team no matter how the team perform. Before watching the movie, I expect it is quite boring but actually is okay. I can see how the team changes and how the coach support and give encouragement to his team in order to raise theie confidence.

mandykan

Back to top Go down

Post  daisy Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:57 pm

halo everybody! Actually I have already done a post introducing my movie yesterday, but i found it disappeared today! Mad Now I am going to retype a post again... Did anyone see my post yesterday or i just press the wrong button!!? Crying or Very sad

I wrote like that yesterday night:
Wow! It seems that the films you guys watched are attractive and worth-watching! I have only watched a movie which has a fantastic plot but not welly done in terms of cinematography.
The movie i watched is called "The Hound of th Baskervilles". I think many of you may have heared of it before because we have an article in"Click On" when we are in F.2. This is a detective story which the main character Sherlock Holmes and his assistant Dr. Watson are called to investigate a curse which is alleged to hang over the house of the Baskervilles.

This movie suits suspenser lovers like me who enjoy watching exciting sence. The movie is a real cliffhanger but i think it can improve in terms of cinematography. As this movie is made 50 years ago, the sencery are mostly fake which i can notice that the background are made of plastic. The sound track and frame can be done better.

If you do enjoy watching detective stories and suspenser, this may be a good choice. This movie is a classic one which I still think it is worth-watching!

daisy

Back to top Go down

Post  jacquelineyuen Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:31 am

Mr.Bogart wrote:
jacquelineyuen wrote:I want to share a movie to all of you " 12 Angry Men". This movie is quite old (1957) and it is a black and white movie.=]

Do you think the fact that it was black and white took away from the presentation of the movie? How about the fact that the setting of the movie was only in one room?

Yups! I think that a colour movie is more attractive than a black and white movie, and it was my first time to complete a black and white movie! However, as I mentioned that the setting of the movie was only in one room, we would not consider seriously about the quality about the setting, so it didn't affect the movie a lot. Besides, I really amazed by the setting was only in one room, the jury room, they didn't change the setting for the whole movie. I think this idea was fantastic and brilliant, it creates a tense atmosphere, I paid 100% attention on their conversation and actions. It seems that I was one of the jurors!

jacquelineyuen

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriella Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:48 am

juliekwan wrote:The movie I have watched is called CHINATOWN. To be honest, I thought it would be quite boring (although
Mr. Bogart said that it was great). Once I have started to watch the movie, I was attracted by its beautiful
backgroud music which was full of mysterious and attractiveness. The main character of this movie is Jake
Gittes, who was a private detective and he was detecting an adultery case of a man which came up to several murdering cases later on. The man was killed and there seemed to be some complicated facts behind the murdery. Each part and scene of the movie is worth thinking and that's why the movie is interesting. The most memorable part of the movie is when Mr. Mulwray was found dead in the reservoir ( the dead body was terrible ) until Jake's nose being cut by two men who discovered his investigation. Until the end of the movie, you will understand why is the movie called CHINATOWN (which was an idiom to the whole story) and it will haunt you for quite a period of time. I wish to recommend this movie to all friends who love thrillers and detective stories. Nice Movie! although it was quite old.

I like detective story very much! Did Jake Gittes find out the murder? Who was he? Why he killed th man?
Gittes

Gabriella

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty The death on the nile

Post  helen lam Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:05 pm

The death on the nile, is a film made in 1978, it's story is base on the novel written by a Agatha Christie. The story is about a man called Simon who was engaged to Jacqueline married Jackie's best freind Linnet.Linnet was rich and petty, she and Simon decided to go to Egypt for their honeymoon.Jackie was angry with them ,so she followed them and try to take revenge on them.One night,when they are on the Nile paddle steamer. Jackie was drunk and she shoot Simon . The day after, the maid of Linnet found out that her master was dead. Mr. Poirot was on the paddle steamer too. He was a famous Belgian detective but he found that it was difficult to find out the murderer as most of the passengers dislike Linnet. A day after, the maid of Linnet was killed and while Salome was shot when she want to tell the truth . Finally, Mr. Poirot find out the murderer , and i was surprised that the murder was simon and the murder was aforethought by Jackie. Simon married Linnet because Linnet was rich, so he decided to kill Linnet and took the fortune . I think this movie want to tell us that money is the root of evil and sometimes what we see actually not the truth.

helen lam

Back to top Go down

Post  helen lam Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Tiffany Tang_4D wrote:The movie I watched is A Midsummer Night's Dream. The story is wrote by William Shakespeare. This movie is quite funny since it was directed by the amazing director, Michael Hoffman. It is a movie about fantasy and full of romance. I think Michelle Pfeiffer is a glamorous actress. Have anyone watched the movie Hairspray? She was so brilliant there. She acted as Titania, the queen of the fairies in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
The movie begins with Hermia, who refuse to follow her father's will to marry Demetrius. It was because she loves Lysander, and she doesn't love Demetrius. The other reason is she knew that Demetrius was in love with a girl called Helena. Helena is madly in love with him, but Demetrius wanted to marry Hermia. Hermia and Lysander decided to elope through the forest. Hermia told Helena about their plan as they are good friends. Helena then told Demetrius about their plan. Demetrius and Helena began to find them in the forest. Oberon, the king of the fairies, saw this scene. He wanted to help Helena. He told Robin Goodfellow to make Demetrius love Helena. However, Robin Goodfellow was incautious. He made Lysander love Helena. What a funny plot!!! lol! Finally, Oberon was able to make Demetrius love Helena and Lysander love Hermia.
this movie is funny and romantic. If you are free, watch this fantastic movie. I highly recommand Hairspray and all Michelle Pfeiffer movies.
p.s. All Nicole Kidman movies are charming!!! sunny

I have read the book but I haven't seen this movie yet. I think this story is just like a dream, actually there is no magic flowers that can make someone loves someone, I think although it is a happy ending, it seems strange
that Demetrius love helena, because he love Helena only because of the flower but not by his heart. If I am Helena, I would prefer Demetrius continue to love Hermia. Beside, I think Helena shouldn't told Demetrius hermia's secret as Hermia is her best friend and she should keep her best friend's secret.

helen lam

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 4 Empty Trailer!

Post  didi1992 Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi~ Do you think my movie trailer--Platoon is too short!?
http://www.trailerfan.com/movie/platoon
Click 'play trailer'. I afraid it's really too short!What a Face

didi1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum