Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4D SBA

+29
jacquelineyuen
Tiffany Tang_4D
Jamayau
4Dstephaniechau
chloe
Elaine Cheng
didi1992
harmony_yiu4D
venus
veronica lee
Gabriella
Lydia Wu
gaomm03
angel_chan
daisy
Mayumi Sato
Janet Li 4D
rebecca
sarahchau_4D06
CRYSTAL~WONG 4D
Christine Leung
joveywong
16michellelai
michellecheung
yoyo chan
samanthakongwingman4D14
Julia cheung
IsabelCheng
Mr.Bogart
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

4D SBA Empty 4D SBA

Post  Mr.Bogart Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:02 pm

Make your comments here. Thanks Mr. Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty HUH?

Post  Mr.Bogart Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:18 pm

No entries yet? What happened to my form fours?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Re: 4D SBA

Post  IsabelCheng Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Dead Poet Society, by Robin Williams, is a quite famous movie. Have you ever watched it? The storyline is a bit abstract because it's about an English professor who inspires his students to change their lives of conformity through his teaching of poetry and literature. I think it's related to our daily lives,isn't it? I admire the "newly invented" teaching methods of the English professor,Mr.Kneating.

Some recalls of the movie, it's of the scene which Mr.Kneating asked his student to stand on a desk and feel how it was like. Although it seemed unbelievable to schools like ours, I know what Mr.Kneating want to tell - standing on a different position may help us think at another angle. Therefore, when we encounter any difficulties, we should try not to give up easily.

All and all, I wish I could have every single lesson filled with joy (not necessary jumping off tables)instead of attending those like a routine. Well, activities can make students alert ( at least awaken in better way) throughout the school day! What do you think? bounce

IsabelCheng

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Relationship with the father?

Post  Mr.Bogart Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:40 pm

Isabel how did you feel about the relationship that the main character had with his father and then eventually committed suicide? Who's fault was it? Father or teacher?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia cheung Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 pm

i have seen amovie in this chinese new year,and the movie name is "THE POSEIDON ADVERTURE". It is a scripture movie and excellent film because it is full of stimulus,although it is a liitle bit sad at the end,because many people have dead dur to the disaster of the wave. In the plot of the movie is always out of my ecpectation,especially In the ending the main character clergyman which act by GENE HACDKMAN sacrifice himself to save others survivor .i think it is very touching and i think the clergyman is very great.so my favouite character in these film is GENE HECKMAN,because he is brave and decisive,i love his characteristic. I strongly recommand all of you to watch this wonderful film if you like adventure.Who is yuor favourite in your movie?

More detail in my presentation. Very Happy

Julia cheung

Back to top Go down

Post  samanthakongwingman4D14 Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Wow! Both of your movies sounds great. For me, i have watched ''Airplane'' in the chinese new year holiday. I was fantastic. The movie is more or less about the incident on the aeroplane. The story began with two main characters, Elaine and Ted, they were couples but years later Ted was dumped by Elaine who is a stewardess. In Ted's wish to get her back, he followed her aboard the plane although he had a deep aversion against anything winged since he lost several men in the war before. During the flight, many passengers and even the crew ate the fish meal which made them seriously ill. Ted seemed to be the only one who werent ill and knew how to control a plane. After a several hours, he finally landed in Chicago. Elaine was so proud of Ted that they were living happily together again.
Hey! What about the others? What's your movie about?

samanthakongwingman4D14

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Lord of the ring

Post  yoyo chan Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 pm

Hihi~ I am going to share my favorite movie to u all! The movie is The Lord of the rings:Retures of the KIngs. This movie is a famous hollywood movie and i really enjoy watching it because the background music is amazing that make me feel like i am in the movie and i am fighting in the war and against the dark power! Also I really appreciate the colour used, eg: When it is about the hometown of spirit, the scenary is breathtaking and very colourful, but when it's about the dark power, the scenary become very dark and it looks like horrible. BAck to the story line, actually the story divided into two groups, one sticks with Frodo and Samwise gamgee and Gollum which they are going to destroy the ring and they must go to Minas Tirith, the capital of Gondor. The other side sticks Aragon leads the men, Elv and the ghosts to fight against the dark power in order to save the middle earth. i appricaite the friendship between the 4 horrbits esp sam and frodo as Gollun try to seperate them on the way to gondon but their friendship didnt affect by gollum. ALso i love the brave and the leadership of Arogon, he leads all the men, elv to fight against the dark power and also he went to the cave to find the ghosts for help althought the ghosts are extremely horrible but he said" I am not afraid of death" This sentence is abousultely a good sentence, as u know, girls love brave man. hahahahaha, I recommand all of u watch this movie, but before watching Returns of King, plz watch the fellowship of rings and the two tower first~~~ cheers

yoyo chan

Back to top Go down

Post  michellecheung Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:33 pm

I watched the movie " Casablanca" by Michael Curtiz during this lunar new year holiday. I think this must be a very boring movie as it is in black and white and it is a movie 1943, which is 65 years ago, but my mother suggested it is a excellant movie, so I gave it a try. This movie is about a couple of former lover, Rick and Ilsa who met each after in Casablanca after they seperated in Paris because of the World War II. Ilsa and his husband were chased by the Nazis and only Rick can help them to escape, but he refused to do so, until Ilsa reawaked his idealism.

The most unforgettable scene in the movie is that a couple who do not have enough money to buy a pass for moving from Casablanca to USA, came to ask Rick for his help. As Rick's character, he used to ignore the things that are none of his business. After listening to their story, Rick was touched and decided to help them.

I found this is a good movie although it is in black and white as it bring the message that you should give your lover happiness if you love him/ her. Smile

michellecheung

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty A Beutiful Mind

Post  16michellelai Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:29 pm

halo! i am going to share the famous Hollywood movie, " A Beautiful Mind ", which starred with Russell Crowe acting as a mathematical genius, John Forbes Nash, Jr. , and Jennifer Connelly, acting as his students and later became his wife. i find a bit confusing about the plot at the beginning of the film, which leads the audiances to think about the plot and the truth, but later it turns out to be very interesting at the end, which surprise the audiances a lot. i appreciate his wife a lot, since she supported John at all time although she might not know the truth or the work that her husband was doing. also, this movie is a real story, which John does exist, and most of the events happened in the film is true, which makes the film more interesting and i can feel the mysterious atmosphere throughout the movie. i would recommend this movie to my friends.

16michellelai

Back to top Go down

Post  joveywong Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:03 pm

I am not sure if you have heard about this movie or not. The name of this movie is called "Match Point". It is a film about Love, Lust and Luck. The director of this movie is Woody Allen. Woody Allen said that this is his best made movie. Now, I am going to briefly introduce this movie. The main character of this movie is called Chris Wilton. He is a man who believes in luck. At the opening of this movie, he said he will rather have good luck than being a good man. With luck, he met a wealthy teenager called Tom and he successfully joined the society of the wealthies. However, he was attracted by another girl when he is having a marriage with Chloe, Tom's sister. I want to know, if you were Tom, you will rather choose to have good luck or being a good person?

joveywong

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty The Hurricane

Post  Christine Leung Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:48 pm

The movie that I have watched was "The hurricane". Most of you may not heard about this movie, so let me introduce this movie tio you all.
Firstly, This movie is directed by Norman Jewison , staring Denzel Washington, an Academy Award nominee who earned a Golden Globe for his amazing performance in this movie.

Secondly, this movie is about a boxer named Rubin. He was a black. He won many boxing competition. However, later he was unjustly convicted of a brutal crime. This movie showed his life in the prison and the changes in him about the attitude towards his future. At the beginning, he thought he is right and he did not deserve to stay in jail, he was angry about the unfair trials that he got. Then he got support from a small group who read his book. They fought for the freedom for Rubin, they looked through all the past documents to find for new evidences. At last, Rubin was free from jail after 30 years. He foughts for his freedom during most of his life time. Although he felt frustrated for several times, he did not give up any chance to get out of the jail. The theme of this movie is about the importance of human spirit, we should always stand for the truth. Even if we face many obstaces, we should not give up and we have to believe in ourselves.

At last, I think this movie gave me a great inspiration, I don't think I can be as strong as Rubin in the movie. This movie also shows how black people was treated unfairly, it leds to the problem of discrimination. I am impressed by the way that this movie is directed. The background music tells the setting of the story. This movie was great!

Last edited by on Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Christine Leung

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Leung Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Mr.Bogart wrote:Isabel how did you feel about the relationship that the main character had with his father and then eventually committed suicide? Who's fault was it? Father or teacher?

I've watched this movie before. In my opinion, I think the father of the character did not understand him and he seldom spend time to get to know about what his son likes and most importantly, what did his son wants. It was the character's father fault for his son's suicide as I think that the teacher helped the character to find his own way to express himself. ^,^

Christine Leung

Back to top Go down

Post  CRYSTAL~WONG 4D Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:03 am

Wow, it seems all of my classmates movie's are amazing...but i think my movie is even more interested and I highly recommend it.
It is a charming and traditional romantic comedy wriiten by Jane Auston and the movie is directed by Joe Wright.
I can say it makes the audience delighted with the brilliant acting of Keira Knightney who act the Elizabeth Bennet (she alos get nominated in the best actress in the Oscar Worthy) cyclops Beyond of the storyline I think the theme that Jane Auston would like to bring frome this story is even more important to me,it tells about the marriage and the class division which impressed me a lot.

CRYSTAL~WONG 4D

http://www.xanga.com/cwcwing

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Friendship

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 pm

Yoyo how do you feel about the friendship between the two hobbits being strained by the lies of Golem?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Classism in HK?

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Crystal is there classism in Hong Kong? Can you make any association with the novel? Do you know that it is the most read novel in the world?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty social injustice

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:49 pm

The hurricane is one of the only movies that made me cry. Fantastic movie. You can really explore the idea of social injusice with this film.
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Poseidon

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:51 pm

Do you know where the name Poseidon comes from? You might want to find out. Do a search and let me know what you discovered.
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty SBA-Das Boot

Post  sarahchau_4D06 Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Das Boot the director's cut by Wolfgang Petersen. From the cover of the VCD, I knew that this film had nominated for 6 Oscars in 1983. The story happened in 1942 when Germany fought with England. When I watched this film I could not take my eyes from it. The director makes the movie shock and exciting. The characters acting impressed me most. Their facial expression are so natural, and the director using different light to spot on the characters. It enhances the tension of the film. Besides, the background music was match with the pictures. It seems that I am in the submarine with them under the Atlantic. So I find myself sympathizing with the poor Germany soldiers when they are facing difficulties. I will recommend all of you to watch this wonderful movie.

sarahchau_4D06

Back to top Go down

Post  rebecca Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:33 pm

my one is called 12 monkeys. The Earth's surface has been contaminated by a virus so deadly that it killed five billion people in 1996 and 1997, forcing the surviving population to live underground. This is about somebody(starring by Bruce Willis) is trying to save the human beings by traveling back to 1996 from 2035.

I do think this one is great movie, but sometimes I get confused, like sometimes i watched without noticing which year i am in now. The whole scope of 12 Moneys is completely insane, sometimes almost unintelligible but somehow at the end it all comes together and everything makes sense if you look at it closely enough. it seems to go down smoothly without compromising anything or dumbing itself down.

In conclusion, this is really really a awesome movie. I guess everyone will enjoy it.=]]

rebecca

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Das Boot

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:39 pm

This is a classic submarine film and I think you have really picked up on the visual techniques used by the director. This certainly added to the suspense. So did you also feel sympathy for the ships and sailors that the Germans were trying to sink or kill?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty 12 Monkeys

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:40 pm

This is a legendary sci-fi film. How did you feel about the twist in the ending?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Re: Poseidon

Post  samanthakongwingman4D14 Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Oh! i got that from wikipedia
In Greek mythology, Poseidon was the god of the sea, as well as of horses and, as "Earth-Shaker," of earthquakes. The name of the sea-god Nethuns in Etruscan was adopted in Latin for Neptune in Roman mythology; both were sea gods analogous to Poseidon. Linear B graffiti show that Poseidon was venerated at Pylos and Thebes in pre-Olympian Bronze Age Greece, but he was integrated into the Olympian gods as the brother of Zeus and Hades. Poseidon has many children. There is a Homeric hymn to Poseidon, who was the protector of many Hellenic cities, though he lost the contest for Athens to Athena.

samanthakongwingman4D14

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Poseidon

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:19 pm

Greek god of the Sea
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Cast Away

Post  Janet Li 4D Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:21 pm

I would like to introduce this movie 'Cast Away' to you all.
This film is talking about a man call Chuck Noland who is a Federal Express inspector. Unfortunally, the plane crashed, and he was the only one that was still alive. He went to an isolated island for 4 years, he does all he can to survive, also he made friend will a volleyball and he called it Wilson and he always talk with him.Also he changes a lot after he has this accident, both mentally and physically as he attempts to survive, and this accident let him know what is really important for him.
I think most of you all see Tom Hanks's film, like Forrest Gump, and this film has only a few charactor, so that it can emphasize the acting of Tom Hanks. And the ending of this ending shock me, because many Hollywood movies are happy ending, but this ending is really sad that Chuck Noland's girlfriend Kelly Frears thinks that he has died already and she has married another man. And Chuck Noland although can go back to his originial life but he has lost his loved.

Janet Li 4D

Back to top Go down

4D SBA Empty Cast Away

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:27 pm

Perfect story for the concept of human vs. nature. Do you think he thought he was capable to survive this amount of time alone on a deserted island? The human will of survival is incredible. Do you think you could have done the same thing?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum