Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4D SBA

+29
jacquelineyuen
Tiffany Tang_4D
Jamayau
4Dstephaniechau
chloe
Elaine Cheng
didi1992
harmony_yiu4D
venus
veronica lee
Gabriella
Lydia Wu
gaomm03
angel_chan
daisy
Mayumi Sato
Janet Li 4D
rebecca
sarahchau_4D06
CRYSTAL~WONG 4D
Christine Leung
joveywong
16michellelai
michellecheung
yoyo chan
samanthakongwingman4D14
Julia cheung
IsabelCheng
Mr.Bogart
33 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty Re: 4D SBA

Post  yoyo chan Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:28 pm

re:mr bogart:
their friendship is just like a diamond which is very strong, nothing can broke it.

yoyo chan

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty POSEIDON

Post  16michellelai Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:29 pm

julia, if u were the clergyman, will u sacrifise yourself and save the others?

16michellelai

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty cast away, i hv watched it before.....

Post  yoyo chan Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:35 pm

janet, is me, yoyo! i hv watched yr movie! It really a good movie. And i know there was a big change of the personality of Chuck, right?
And i love the acting of tom hanks, he is an experienced actor, he can bring the movie alive!!!!!!!! cheers

yoyo chan

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty RE.

Post  Janet Li 4D Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:35 pm

Mr.Bogart wrote:Perfect story for the concept of human vs. nature. Do you think he thought he was capable to survive this amount of time alone on a deserted island? The human will of survival is incredible. Do you think you could have done the same thing?

I think that Chuck Noland is really great, he never give up, at first he can't catch any fish to eat and can't open a coconut to drink and also he has hurt himeself when he try to swim to another place. But he tried and tried, at last he can easily make a fire and catch something to eat and even make a simple boat so that he can be rescue. I think I can't be tough as him, because I'm quite afriad to live alone myself, and also I don't have much idea, Chuck Noland can think to use the shoe of ice skating to cut food. I think that he is really clever.

Janet Li 4D

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Post  Mayumi Sato Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Planes, Trains & Automobiles is a movie directed by John Hughes. It is a facetious movie which released in 1987. The main character calls Neal Page (acted by Steve Martin). He is a manager of a advertisement company. Neal Page wants to go back home to celebrate for the Thanksgiving with his family. Originally, it is just a two and a half hour trip. Unfortunately, his flight has been cancelled due to bad weather, so he decides to travel by other transportation. However, Neal meets Del Griffith (acted by John Candy)in his trip. Del Griffith is a Shower Curtain Ring Salesman and all-around blabbermouth, who is never short of advice, conversation, bad jokes, or company. He decides that he is going the same direction as Neal and to be Neal's company. Since their personality is totally different, this journey becomes very trouble. Finally, it takes 4 days for Neal to reach the destination.

Mayumi Sato

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:38 pm

yoyo chan wrote:re:mr bogart:
their friendship is just like a diamond which is very strong, nothing can broke it.

But in the story they do have a conflict and separate. Do you remember? But of course in the end they return to their friendship. Do you know why they had a conflict?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty RE.

Post  Janet Li 4D Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:38 pm

yoyo chan wrote:janet, is me, yoyo! i hv watched yr movie! It really a good movie. And i know there was a big change of the personality of Chuck, right?
And i love the acting of tom hanks, he is an experienced actor, he can bring the movie alive!!!!!!!! cheers

HA.YOYO. I really like the part that he talks with his 'friend'. He really treat it as his friend and tell it everyone even Tom Hanks bring it out of the island too. But he lose it when he is on the boad.

Janet Li 4D

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty Friendship

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Mayumi Sato wrote:Planes, Trains & Automobiles is a movie directed by John Hughes. It is a facetious movie which released in 1987. The main character calls Neal Page (acted by Steve Martin). He is a manager of a advertisement company. Neal Page wants to go back home to celebrate for the Thanksgiving with his family. Originally, it is just a two and a half hour trip. Unfortunately, his flight has been cancelled due to bad weather, so he decides to travel by other transportation. However, Neal meets Del Griffith (acted by John Candy)in his trip. Del Griffith is a Shower Curtain Ring Salesman and all-around blabbermouth, who is never short of advice, conversation, bad jokes, or company. He decides that he is going the same direction as Neal and to be Neal's company. Since their personality is totally different, this journey becomes very trouble. Finally, it takes 4 days for Neal to reach the destination.

So how do you feel about the relationship between the two men by the end of the movie? What can it tell us about friendship?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty Realistic?

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Janet Li 4D wrote:
yoyo chan wrote:janet, is me, yoyo! i hv watched yr movie! It really a good movie. And i know there was a big change of the personality of Chuck, right?

HA.YOYO. I really like the part that he talks with his 'friend'. He really treat it as his friend and tell it everyone even Tom Hanks bring it out of the island too. But he lose it when he is on the boat.

Janet do you think it is realistic?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  daisy Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:48 pm

michellecheung wrote:I watched the movie " Casablanca" by Michael Curtiz during this lunar new year holiday. I think this must be a very boring movie as it is in black and white and it is a movie 1943, which is 65 years ago, but my mother suggested it is a excellant movie, so I gave it a try. This movie is about a couple of former lover, Rick and Ilsa who met each after in Casablanca after they seperated in Paris because of the World War II. Ilsa and his husband were chased by the Nazis and only Rick can help them to escape, but he refused to do so, until Ilsa reawaked his idealism.

The most unforgettable scene in the movie is that a couple who do not have enough money to buy a pass for moving from Casablanca to USA, came to ask Rick for his help. As Rick's character, he used to ignore the things that are none of his business. After listening to their story, Rick was touched and decided to help them.

I found this is a good movie although it is in black and white as it bring the message that you should give your lover happiness if you love him/ her. Smile

If I were you, I would feel boring in watching a black and white movie ,too, haha!
However, you seemed enjoying the movie!
I was interested in the frame and the scenery of the movie because it was produced 65 years ago. The movie I watched didn't do really well in this part, how about yours?

daisy

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty Re: Dead Poets Society

Post  Mayumi Sato Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:49 pm

I have seen this film before. I think that the main character's father should not be to strict. He should give more freedom for Neil Perry, so that he can enjoy his school life. I think that the teaching method of the English professor,Mr.Kneating is quiet good. His teaching method is not the traditional one. It can attract the the attendion of the student in class and they will not feel bore.

Mayumi Sato

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty Casablanca

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:55 pm

It is always rated one of the top movies of all time. Plus the leading actor is Humphrey BOGART!!! Exclamation Laughing Shocked
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CRYSTAL~WONG 4D Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:55 pm

If I were you, I would feel boring in watching a black and white movie ,too, haha!
However, you seemed enjoying the movie!
I was interested in the frame and the scenery of the movie because it was produced 65 years ago. The movie I watched didn't do really well in this part, how about yours?[/quote]

Re Daisy
Haha ,I would also choose a colour movie instead of the black and white one
it seems boring
and I am sure it definitly won't catch my attention
but it seems Michelle's movie is excellant......how long did your movie last for?

CRYSTAL~WONG 4D

http://www.xanga.com/cwcwing

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty a beautiful mind

Post  16michellelai Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:59 pm

julia,i wouldn't support john if i were her wife,because i feel so bad that my husband didn't tell me anything about his work.

16michellelai

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty re : a beautiful mind

Post  angel_chan Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Michellelai ,

My film -- " good will hunting " also got a mathematic genuis , and he is really brillant !but sadly, he didnt wisely use his talent and always running with law . maybe we should share the movie and try to compare it !

Angel albino

angel_chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Janet Li 4D Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Mr.Bogart wrote:
Janet Li 4D wrote:

HA.YOYO. I really like the part that he talks with his 'friend'. He really treat it as his friend and tell it everyone even Tom Hanks bring it out of the island too. But he lose it when he is on the boat.

Janet do you think it is realistic?
I think yes, because I think that people must need friend, need to share his feeling with friend. And Tom Hanks can't find any friend on the island, so that he can just talk to the volleyball

Janet Li 4D

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia cheung Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:05 pm

michelle ,i would like to reply you first,i think if i were the man ,i wouldn't sacrifice myself,because i still have a lot of interesting thing that i haven't done in my life,also i think if i sacrifice myself,my parents will be very depressed and think that i am so selfish because of leaving them alone in the world,although the survivor in the ship may also think that i am selfish ,but this would be my final choice since my life has just begin and still have a long way to go.
michelle,i would like to ask yuo,if u were john's wife will you support him woithout asking what he is doing?

Julia cheung

Back to top Go down

Post  gaomm03 Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:06 pm

16michellelai wrote:julia,i wouldn't support john if i were her wife,because i feel so bad that my husband didn't tell me anything about his work.

Very Happy me too. I think it is a great sacrifice to be John's wife... I am sure i cannot do it.

gaomm03

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty Tell everything?

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:08 pm

16michellelai wrote:julia,i wouldn't support john if i were her wife,because i feel so bad that my husband didn't tell me anything about his work.

Do you tell everything to your parents? Is that different or the same?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Wu Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:14 pm

My movie is Lord of the rings --The Two Towers. This movie is excellent!! I had never seen any movie of Lord of the rings before, so i first worried that i will not understand, but this movie is really good. I enjoy watching it very much.The scene in the movie is amazing especially the battle scenes.The music and the special effects of these scene are great. It makes me feel that I am there and attending the exciting battles. Also, I like the special effects use in the movie, such as Gollum and the Treebeard. I recommand all of you to watch this great movie.

Lydia Wu

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty good will hunting

Post  angel_chan Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:22 pm

"Good will hunting " is talking about a impossibly brillant guy -- Will hunting .Will is a boy who always went to the bar with friends and running with law . he havent been to the college , but he solve math problems that frustrate a nobel prize winning professor .
To help Will wisely use his talent , Sean McGuire , a college professor guide him to the right way he need to go .
This is a really nice movie , teaching us that we must need to chase for our dream and knowing what we really want but the only disadvantage in the movie is that there are many many many foul language .
angel albino

angel_chan

Back to top Go down

4D SBA - Page 2 Empty Treebeard

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Lydia Wu wrote:My movie is Lord of the rings --The Two Towers. This movie is excellent!! I had never seen any movie of Lord of the rings before, so i first worried that i will not understand, but this movie is really good. I enjoy watching it very much.The scene in the movie is amazing especially the battle scenes.The music and the special effects of these scene are great. It makes me feel that I am there and attending the exciting battles. Also, I like the special effects use in the movie, such as Gollum and the Treebeard. I recommand all of you to watch this great movie.

It is interesting that you picked out Treebeard. I also like this character. In the first part he would not make a decision to attack the Two Towers because the trees take many years to make a decision like that. Why do you think Tolkien had a character like this? Would it not make sense to defend his forest?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Bogart Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:26 pm

angel_chan wrote:"Good will hunting " is talking about a impossibly brillant guy -- Will hunting .Will is a boy who always went to the bar with friends and running with law . he havent been to the college , but he solve math problems that frustrate a nobel prize winning professor .
To help Will wisely use his talent , Sean McGuire , a college professor guide him to the right way he need to go .
This is a really nice movie , teaching us that we must need to chase for our dream and knowing what we really want but the only disadvantage in the movie is that there are many many many foul language .
angel albino

Did you find that the foul language took away from the meaning of the movie? Was it gratuitous or in context? I mean did it make sense for the characters or was it there for no particular reason?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Wu Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Mayumi, after reading your post, i think you movie is quite funny and interesting.
I want to ask some questions.
Did Neal and Del Griffith become friends finally?
How they get to the destination? Why they use such a long time?

Lydia Wu

Back to top Go down

Post  gaomm03 Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi, This is Maggie, the Phd student at HKU. Lovely to read your comments and discussion Razz

gaomm03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum