Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost!

+24
wen828
Gloria.C
Purple Fok
steff.w.
Jasmine_Tong
Chloe Audrey
annabelle_bao
Melody Ng
michellelam
peggyme
Janice_C
MichelleWoo*:]
Jessica Chan Chan
3bechiu
cherieee
marina*
Sibyl Wong
hingis=]
joyce
VANessaKAn
jelly=]
English Addict - Helen
Mr.Bogart
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lost! - Page 2 Empty Lost Web-Site

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Something of interest?

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Interviews/Features/Articles/080129_lostipedia_DW

Enjoy!
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lost! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost!

Post  English Addict - Helen Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Wow!! The Lostipedia????? The web page of Lost!!!! And all the characters are there!!!
English Addict - Helen
English Addict - Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  steff.w. Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:51 pm

Not crazy for Lost but i do recommend some others series such as C.S.I., Heroes and House
I've checked out most of the posts saying how Charlie's so brave and all, and sacrificing himself for the others.
I do agree that Charlie can be named as sort of a 'hero' in that episode, but i do find him a bit of a nuisance to the whole group. Clips from previous episodes show that he's sort of self centered in a way that can make viewers hate his character, also, the image of Charlie to a viewer is more of a 'pretty boy' with him being a former rockstar and all. However, plus for the plot and script. The suspence was well put with just enough insights for the viewers to understand what's happening, but not as clear and readable for the viewers to actrually predict whatever's going to happen. The flash backs were also a plus, giving some insight into the previous life of Charlie...going to continue....lunch...
steff.w.
steff.w.

Back to top Go down

Post  062121 Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:55 pm

I think that this movie "Lost", is really interesting and touching. I liked it a lot, though we didn't watch the whole thing. But, i really want to watch it, specially the ending bit. What happened to Clare? and also the ring?
I really like the suspence created, the way the flashbacks were shown about charlie's previous life, and then the ring which charlie made the baby wear and was left where the baby slept, and then the scene when they both are in the boat, what charlie write on the piece of paper about the 5 improtant things happened in his life and so on.
Yes, Charlie is the "hero", or i should say, can be called as a hero as he accepted that he is going to die and without worrying about himself, he was ready to dive in the sea just because he wanted to save the other people's life, Clare, the baby, and the rest of the people..
I'm not really after "Lost", but its just in my mind, i keep on thinking whats going to happen next..
Waiting to watch the whole thing and also the next part~

Shruti

Back to top Go down

Post  Purple Fok Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:00 pm

I quite enjoy this tragic ending, I think Charlie is very brave, he can accept and welcome his death easily. He is the kind of men that believes in destiny. Not only that, he also comforts others not to be worry and wait him back (although he knows that he would not came back). This story is really touching. It makes me reflect that if I would do the same in this situation.

For the flashback, I think it is quite useful, it tells us the past of Charlie and makes the audience understand the story more easily instead of so complicated. I found that using flashback can make us sum up the summary more easily.
Purple Fok
Purple Fok

Back to top Go down

Lost! - Page 2 Empty Re: LOST

Post  Gloria.C Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:34 pm

I enjoy watching LOST. It story line is so unpredictable. Actually I love this kind of stories very much. As it's name is not so attractive, I chose not to watch it when it is being broadcasted by TVB Pearl.Crying or Very sad
Charlie is the second main character in LOST. This tragic character really makes the story more interesting(or touching). He had a special (family?)background-- a rock star. When he was lost in the island, he learnt to take care of others (i.e.the pregnant woman--Clare). His attitude towards life changed a lot also. He believed in his destiny that no matter how many times he was saved by that guy(I forgot his name),he will have to die eventually. At last, he chose to die so as to save the other survivers in the island. This "sacrifice" made him into a HERO in my mind. I felt a pity for him that his beloved woman and baby can't come back from the island.
Is this mean that his "sacrifice" is no use at all? Let's wait for the next session.
For the flashback, it's quite useful and powerful. If the writer present the story to us without flashback(s), the story will be to simple and don't attractive at all.
Gloria.C
Gloria.C

Back to top Go down

Lost! - Page 2 Empty LOST?!

Post  wen828 Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 am

Razz Hi? This is areally long one, as Sad i don't really have enough adjectives in my mind, so more descriptive language was used. Hope the readers (hope there are some, like you!), can be patient and read it all, Thank you*
ATTENTION: if you:sleep: , YOU will be punished! Though, I don't really know, haha*
study So let's go on!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Charlie was really brave, not everypeople can manage to realize themselves are going to die. While Charlie did so. he faced dealth, he was willing to sacrifice to whom he loved, and others. It must be a terrible experience waiting dealth arrive. And though his friend wanted to help him, replace him from dying. But, he didn't accept so, considering other's feelings, he was really a great person.

I was glad that he had review about what is happening in his life, and he wrote it down. This reflection will be meaningful, even he didn't die. If he die, his lover will memorize him, with all what he done, what he wrote, to be such a sparkling experience. His lover will be touched, and learn to be strong, the reason is simply- him. And if he didn't die, this relfection will be the guidence in the rest of his life. he will remember, once such things are so important to him, and he will learn to pleasure what he have, such that when he really experience dealth. he won't regret, but proud of all what he had done.

When Charlie realize that it may be the last meet with his best friend, he just be brave. So brave, which not everyone can done so. It is a difficult task to say goodbye to whom you really care about, including his lover, and the baby. He had arranged everything well. Putting the important ring next to the baby, and saying goodbye to his friends, telling them he love them always. These were all done by him, after he realized he will die, as sacrifice.

I think that the flashbacks are really very important. As it enlarge the way it touch us, and shows how was Charlie's life, it was building up Charlie's character in a way not too clmsy, but really effective. We can ee how is the change of Charlie's emotion, why is his decision made to die, and all- with a hidden reason behind. His reflection before die, with flashbacks, make the movie more active, more clear scene was shone in our mind. Which leads all the readers to reflect about their own lives, how is it gone? Is their life meaningful?n With all different answers, making the movie more attractive and more it is not only about Charlie, but linking to the readers- which is something cannot do without flashbacks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alien Ha* a silly one? I think there are quite a amount of typls, is is spell like that? haha* silly points? I am not really condfident with it though... (floating away)

P.s: The movie is really bloody, don't you think so?! Embarassed
wen828
wen828

Back to top Go down

Lost! - Page 2 Empty RE:LOST

Post  Rosie =]] Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:30 pm

I think that LOST is a really exciting movie that I had ever watched. The two most important characters for the scenes we've watched were king Charlie and king Desmond. I think that Desmond was a very brilliant man, who can predict future; even it is just a few scenes like jigsaw puzzles. For Charlie, I think that he is a man who knows how to reflect himself before he dies. He wrote the 5 most important things that happened in his entire life. It touched me a lot. I liked the scene that his father taught him to swim. It shows that Charlie is a brave person, since he was a boy; he tried his best to do each thing. Charlie was also a man who does not want to let his friends know about his feelings or his problem for not letting his friends get worried about him. I noticed this point because before Charlie went onto the boat to repair the system under the sea (he knew that he would die after he went down to the sea), his another friend came to him and asked to go with him, but Charlie refused, he did not tell his friend the truth of not letting him to go, instead, he said an other excuse. Like a Star @ heaven For conclusion, I think that Charlie sacrifices himself for others, such as his friends, wife, and his child. Like a Star @ heaven

For the flashback, I think it played an important role in this movie. If there are no flashbacks, we won’t be able to know more about the past life of the characters. Flashbacks can also make the audiences being touched. Crying or Very sad

If I have time, I think I will watch the whole episode of LOST. It really attracts me~ Exclamation

Rosie =]]

Back to top Go down

Post  jAnE Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:04 am

I think Lost is one of my favourite drama series I have ever watched! Very Happy When Charlie died, it was really touching and sad. Crying or Very sad The way Charlie sacrificed himself just to save other people is really brave. Although many people would think that Charlie could ran out of the room instead to dying, I think it is destiny and that he should have died. If he hadn't died there, he would have got killed elsewhere. Charlie was a very good friend, he tried to save Desmond from going into the water by knocking him out. He didn't want Desmond to risk his life for him and it was really thoughtful for Charlie. I think Charlie loved Claire very much and cared for her baby even though it's not his, he would rather lose his life to save her. I don't know if the other people on the island would be rescued but if they were, I think Charlie will be very happy because he would be watching them in heaven. Charlie was a great man, he was brave and sacrificed himself to save other people. We should learn from him to have courage and not be afraid of death.

The flashback are important. They let the audience know the past life of the characters and know them more. Where Charlie was writing down the five most important thing in his life and recollecting his memories, the flashback really helped a lot. This drama series contain a lot of flashback, I think it is a very good way to deliver significant events of characters.

jAnE

Back to top Go down

Post  Christy Wong Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 pm

I enjoy Lost this drama series a lot.
In the past, I thought that Lost is a violent and bloody movie, so I didn't watch it. Since Mr. Bogart has played us the part which Charlie died, I discovered that this movie is actually a very touching one. From that onwards, I started to watch this movie from the very beginning.
In my own point of view, Charlie is a valiant person. He sacrificed his own life in order to save Claire as well as the people on the island. He is such a great person. Moreover, I believe that many people in the world afraid of dying. But oppositely, Charlie didn't even afraid of dying. To be honest, I think that Charlie is actually a very lucky person. His friend, Desmond has saved his life for several times. He should have to be thankful for he already had more days to live on Earth that destiny.
I think that flashback are incredibly powerful and important! Cool If there is not flashback, the whole story will not be so touching. From the flashback, the audience can clearly know that personality of Charlie and it can touch one deeply in the heart.
Christy Wong
Christy Wong

Back to top Go down

Post  wincy:) Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:09 am

Well, I must agree that LOST is really great. The episode Mr. Bogart showed us was only a part of it, but during a short period of time, it made me felt exciting, touching, happiness and sadness.Charlie sacrificed himself because he heard from Desmond who could predict the future that if he didn't die, the others won't be rescued. Maybe, he just wanted Claire who he loved with her baby could be saved. No matter which one was the real reason, he indeed was a very brave man. After knowing about this, Desmond decided that he would die, die for the others and he prepared for it. The ring which was asked to pass on forward to the next generation in his family, he took it down and give it to Claire's baby. But unfortunately, when Claire carried the baby away, the ring was left forgotten. Maybe, it was a destiny that Charlie's family won't have any more generation. There were Flashbacks in this movie which made a great effect. The flashbacks told us his past and his great memories. These flashbacks were coming across when Charlie was writing down his greatest hits in his life which made the story more touching. When he was ready to jumped into the sea, Desomond wanted to replace him to go, but Charlie hit Desomind on his head and jumped instead. When he found the underwater power station and pressed the button, he was relieved that he was't dead. But then sea water kept on rushing into the small room because a hand grenade exploded and the window was broken. Desomd descovered promptly and began to run towards him, but Charlie banged and shut himself inside the room, letting the water to drowned him. At that time, Charlie must be thinking of, if he didn't shut the door, the water may rush to Desmond and both of them will be drowned. Moreover, he thought of Charlie's prediection. He had to die, if he didn't the others won't be saved. Some may think that Charlie could choose not to die, but all his choices and decisions was all his destiny and no one could change it. I would like to say that: Charlie, was a real, great hero!

wincy:)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum