Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the most important thing in your life?

3 posters

Go down

What is the most important thing in your life? Empty What is the most important thing in your life?

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:14 am

Often literature embodies real life and its ups and down. Writers shadow their own experiences and put them into characters. Can you see yourself in any of the characters that you have read?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What is the most important thing in your life? Empty Re: What is the most important thing in your life?

Post  peggyme Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Humm.. I see myself being part of Stargirl in the book "Stargirl". This is because she is a very awkward character that doesn't seem to fit in the group really well, but at the end she doesn't fit in. But after she doesn't like to be the same so she returns to her true self. I think I'm kind of like her because when I first came to Hong Kong, I didn't reallly "fit in" in the school really well, but then now I have friends and I'm starting to "fit in".
peggyme
peggyme

Back to top Go down

What is the most important thing in your life? Empty Fitting In

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:42 pm

This is one of those things that we will have to deal with our whole lives whether it is a new city, school, or workplace. I too have had to fit into the new Good Hope family but it wasn't that difficult. It is a nice community and is very friendly. In my favourite book The Lord of the Flies the boys who are stranded on the island also had to try to fit in but it wasn't as easy as Good Hope!
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What is the most important thing in your life? Empty Re: What is the most important thing in your life?

Post  eloisa Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:13 pm

Just recently, I finished reading My Sister's Keeper. Mostly, I found myself in Anna's and Julia's position. Though I don't have a sister suffering with leukemia, I can relate to Anna very much. She's "invisible" to her family. She's like a spare parts storage space until her sister Kate needs blood, bone marrow or organs. The way Anna sees life is kinda like the way I see mine.

eloisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down