Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like grammar?

+3
English Addict - Helen
peggyme
Mr.Bogart
7 posters

Go down

Do you like grammar? Empty Do you like grammar?

Post  Mr.Bogart Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:40 pm

So?? How can we learn English and grammar better?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do you like grammar? Empty Re: Do you like grammar?

Post  peggyme Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:35 pm

Grammer... humm never really learn it well. We don't seem to have learn it as a subject area in Canada. They don't teach us those complicated tense... erg, it's just really confusing. I just know the basics I guess. Like the past tense, present tense... and so on.

Some ways to learn grammer effectively? I think proof-reading your writing really helps, because I find that if you find a mistake and corrected, you seem to have a better memory of not reapeating the same mistake again. But sometimes I would forget to re-read my writing because when I finish writing it in a way so I could express myself well, I don't have time to check it over again. I guess you just have to be more careful when you are writing!
peggyme
peggyme

Back to top Go down

Post  English Addict - Helen Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:38 pm

I hated grammar because I am the WORST in it!!!!!!
But I think doing more grammar exercise will help us in it, I have tried it!!! My grammar now is better than before!!! Razz (But still not good silent ) Hey, Mr. Bogart, maybe you can give us more exercise on grammar!!! Razz
English Addict - Helen
English Addict - Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  selinama Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:45 am

I don't really like english but it is very important in English. I don't like it because there are no explanation about the gramma. It is just rules. It is just like telling you what you must do and what you must not do. So I do not really like gramma but I will try to accept it. Wink

selinama

http://www.xanga.com/satanangelselina

Back to top Go down

Do you like grammar? Empty UGGGG GRAMMMAR

Post  Mr.Bogart Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:46 pm

I find grammar really hard. When I look at it I understand easily why it is right or wrong but find it difficult to explain it sometimes in grammatical terms. When I was a student I never learned grammar from worksheets. Just learned it from reading and writing. But I do think it is important to learn in HK because you have many grammar tests.
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shanahly Wan Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:25 pm

Mr.Bogart wrote:So?? How can we learn English and grammar better?
I think grammar is the very basic of a language. I cannot hate it. We have to study grammar in all language, even Chinese. Grammar won't be so bad asa long as you try to enjoy it.

shanahly Wan

Back to top Go down

Do you like grammar? Empty important

Post  Mr.Bogart Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:43 pm

shanahly Wan wrote:
Mr.Bogart wrote:So?? How can we learn English and grammar better?
I think grammar is the very basic of a language. I cannot hate it. We have to study grammar in all language, even Chinese. Grammar won't be so bad asa long as you try to enjoy it.

True but it is hard to like grammar...as a teacher I am always trying to find new ways to make it more enjoyable but I still think learning through writing is the best. The problem is trying to find time to mark. That is the other problem..... Rolling Eyes
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  3bechiu Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:04 pm

Um...I think the way to learn grammer better, doing more exercise are very important.
My mother usually buy some grammer exercise books for me when I was in primary. Mad
Well, if you do more grammer exercise you will like it.
3bechiu
3bechiu

Back to top Go down

Post  xxeugeniaxx Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Grammar.... Not 'dislike' and not 'like', in the middle. silent
I've got a very low mark in the latest grammar test (Paper 2).. The previous one I did in form 1 was about 20 marks higher........ OH MY GOD!! I wondered what has happened to my brain Sad pale
xxeugeniaxx
xxeugeniaxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum