Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Of Kazan... What do you think so far?

+5
hingis=]
jelly=]
cherieee
English Addict - Helen
peggyme
9 posters

Go down

The Star Of Kazan... What do you think so far? Empty The Star Of Kazan... What do you think so far?

Post  peggyme Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Being VERY HONEST! I personally thought that the book was boring the first time I read it, I mean it's not ORDINARY boring but VERY VERY boring. As soon as Mr.Bogart started to talk about it, I then realised that there's a lot more to the book! I'm actually starting to be a little more interested in the book, what do you think?

Note * It's ok to voice your own opinion* cheers
peggyme
peggyme

Back to top Go down

The Star Of Kazan... What do you think so far? Empty Re: The Star Of Kazan... What do you think so far?

Post  English Addict - Helen Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:11 pm

I think that the first few chapters are a little bit boring, actually very boring, but started from chapter 9, i felt a little bit interesting. And for the flowers, butterflies and horses, it also seems to be interesting, I never thought that it can represents such a life! Well, I think that this book is a little bit difficult because there are so many vocabs, also, it seems so thick... haha Anyway, hope that I can finish reading it earlier, and hope that it won't "disturb" my New Year Holiday!
English Addict - Helen
English Addict - Helen

Back to top Go down

The Star Of Kazan... What do you think so far? Empty Re: The Star Of Kazan... What do you think so far?

Post  cherieee Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:31 pm

lol i didnt even want to receive the book when i first saw the cover page!! Laughing BUT since our teacher told us to read 10 chapters, i started to read it. Well, the book gets a bit interesting and then a bit interesting and then now....very intersting Smile
cherieee
cherieee

Back to top Go down

Post  jelly=] Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:30 pm

It's boring!!! The explanation of Mr. Bogart can deepen my understanding of the book... but I still think that the book is BORING! lol!
jelly=]
jelly=]

Back to top Go down

Post  hingis=] Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:39 pm

well, the first few chapters are really really boring. I started to fell interesting when the eggharts' grandmother take out the jewels to annika. Its a little touching. But the grandmother is easy to trust people.she shouldn't !!! she shouldnt take the jewels to a new friend that just know for a few days. except for annika cuz she is a honest , caring an a nice little girl. i really want to have a sister like this Razz BUT NOT NOT NAUGHTY LITTLE BROTHER!! he always fight with meT^T
hingis=]
hingis=]

Back to top Go down

Post  michellelam Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:41 pm

The first time i read this book, i think that is just about a abdoption story of Annika.......boring, but after Mr.Bogart explain abou tsome of the details, i really think that sounds interesting. Before i did not know any thing about the flowers and butterflies have their meanings in literature, now i surely think the book is going to be a lot more interesting than i thought before!

michellelam

Back to top Go down

Post  3bechiu Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Yeah...I think so! Before I really not willing to read this book,
but after Mr. Bogart was reading the book with us,
I found this is not bad as I thought before...
Hope we can finish the book quickly! Laughing
3bechiu
3bechiu

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Chan Chan Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Hm...... I think the book is a bit boring too, Mad but it is our set book, we must read it, right? Neutral
I hope I will try enjoy the half part of it. Rolling Eyes
Jessica Chan Chan
Jessica Chan Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  English Addict - Helen Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:54 pm

After finishing Lost, I think that finding the flashback in THE STAR OF KAZAN is very interesting, it is not really challenging but it still needs time to do it, but I believed that it will be more and more easy to do if we keep on doing it!
Anyway, I think that finding it is really interesting, it makes me enjoy reading the book much and much more!
English Addict - Helen
English Addict - Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  peggyme Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:28 pm

I thought it was boring at first, but after Mr.Bogart explained more about the story and how it works, I'm really interested now!
peggyme
peggyme

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:51 pm

I think the book is really boring, but eventually I have learnt how to "love what you are doing", so... I am striving my best to read the book...

joyce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down