Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is love?

+8
CRYSTAL~WONG 4D
veron_wong
Ivy Hsu
GloriaM
peggyme
joveywong
Patrilam
Mr.Bogart
12 posters

Go down

What is love? Empty What is love?

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:20 pm

In class today we discussed love. Do you think there is such thing as love at first sight?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What is love? Empty Re: What is love?

Post  Patrilam Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Hmm...Love at first sight. For me, I think it is not possible.
Are you really sure that you really love that person right exactly when you first looked at him/her? Was that truly the genuine 'Love'? Suspect I don't think so.
I believe love needs to go through a process starting from good impression to like and so on. You may need adequate understanding about that person and find out does him/her really suit you.
You don't even know what is inside this person how are you going to LOVE him/her?

Patrilam

Back to top Go down

Post  joveywong Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:44 am

This topic reminds me of the song "perhaps love"
we learnt this song in F.2 from the music book.
"Perhaps love is like a resting place, a shelter from the storm"
It's true....if you don't have quarrels with others at all. Razz

joveywong

Back to top Go down

Post  peggyme Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:23 pm

I love you Yep. I think that there is love at first sight for certain things. Sometimes it doesn't have to be between humans, it could be something that you see and really want to get and then you would " fall in love" with it. But I think love at first sight for humans is possible, because many people judge others by their appearance.
peggyme
peggyme

Back to top Go down

Post  GloriaM Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:57 pm

Love at first sight...i think it might be possible.
As love is an intense attraction between people,
it doesnt matter how long it takes to build up the feeling.
If both of them love each other just at the first sight,
maybe they get the right person!
Of course, a second look is important. Smile
We have to know better about our real love.

GloriaM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Hsu Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:07 pm

I think that love at first sight is possible.
Because in real life,
many people judge others by their appearance as what peggy said.
And for most of the people,
they actually falling in love with someone literally at the very first time 1st when you see him or her,
then, you will have a deep desire to have a close relationship with that person.

Ivy Hsu

Back to top Go down

Post  veron_wong Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Actually, I think that there is love at first sight. However, it does not mean that it will be love forever. To me, 'love at first sight' is always short and minor. You may immediately 'love' the new cute guy in school, but afterwards, you don't like his personality and you don't 'love' him anymore, or in another case, you see a new skirt, and you beg your parents to buy it for you because you just 'love' it after you have seen it, yet, you don't wear the skirt for more than 2 times after buying. These are all love at first sight, because you have shown signs of affection after seeing an item or a person for the first time. Yet, these 'love' are all brief and never longlasting!!!

veron_wong

Back to top Go down

Post  CRYSTAL~WONG 4D Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:40 pm

in my opinion ,love at first sight is only for those who are naive and immature .
You definity cannot love a person without getting along with him and understanding his/her personailty
so i think this is impossible for me,but maybe for others. rabbit

CRYSTAL~WONG 4D

http://www.xanga.com/cwcwing

Back to top Go down

Post  charlottetaylor Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:24 pm

Love at first sight.......hmm......it can be possible. But I think love at first sight is rather you get "loved shocked", because someone is so to your liking, you are virtually dazzled. This is really like what Veronica said, it is an immediate liking. The liking is more to the appearance I would say, and there is not much guareentee on that.

"Love is fickle" as Shakepeare says. No one is very sure of what it is, but it does happen. Everyone says love is a good thing, sometimes I think it is probably too much of a good thing which leads to a non-definate explaination.

But one thing is certain, just like it says in a song, "Love, love changes everything.................." Everyone needs a hug at some point!! Right? Rolling Eyes

charlottetaylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey_lam Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Love at first sight, to what Leo Buscaglia (hope that this is how it is spelt) said, "It's fun, but I suggest you talk a second look". I agree with him because just like what every one else has mentioned, love at first sight happens because you're attracted by the person's appearance. Looks can be deceiving, who knows what kind of character the person can have. However, love at first sight does happen but I'm not sure whether the couple end up with a happy-every-after ending. By this, I'm not cursing anybody, but appearances do change, and once you're sick and tired of the face, would you still love him'her as much? Once again, love at first sight is fun, enjoy it, but don't gaurantee anything

Joey_lam

Back to top Go down

Post  English Addict - Helen Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:00 pm

I think that love is an elusive concept. I am sure that we all have experienced love but there are really lots of meaning of love.
Maybe it is family love, friends love, couple love or whatever. And there can be many dimensions, too: Romantic, obsessive, exciting, irrational....
I love you
English Addict - Helen
English Addict - Helen

Back to top Go down

What is love? Empty Family Love

Post  Mr.Bogart Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:40 pm

Helen I think you make a very good point. There are many kinds of love and they can take many forms but they are all based on respect for the individual.
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xxeugeniaxx Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Yes, but I think this kind of love won't last long.

I really hate my idol when I first saw him (not because of his appearance), but later one day I discovered that he has many attractions and I started to put attention on him. Many things have happened during the journey, and gradually I started to love him so much. I think this kind of love will last longer because much has happened between each other which has made deeper impressions and has increased much understanding of him/her. I'm still loving my idol now~~ ^3^
(p.s. I won't go to disturb my idol =])
xxeugeniaxx
xxeugeniaxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum