Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Louis Sachar racist or sexist?

3 posters

Go down

Is Louis Sachar racist or sexist? Empty Is Louis Sachar racist or sexist?

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:53 pm

We have discussed this in class but do you think he is or isn't? Use textual examples please. Shocked
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is Louis Sachar racist or sexist? Empty Re: Is Louis Sachar racist or sexist?

Post  peggyme Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:23 pm

I think that Louis Sachar is NOT racist . I argree to what Mr.Bogart said in class about how Mr.Sachar used the reason of how Sam died to tell us that it is wrong to do that. Also, the whole story really had to connect to this racist thing because if back then the white people weren't against the black people, then Katherine Barlow won't have to escape with Sam and then Sam ends up being killed and she puts her anger and turns into a thief. "You're not in Girl Scouts anymore," Mr.Sir said. Pp.13 Holes From this sentance we can see that it contains some sexism. It says that the girls are weak and I though the way the author used to express the idea is really wrong. I thought he could of changed the way of saying that instead of using something extreme like being sexist.
peggyme
peggyme

Back to top Go down

Is Louis Sachar racist or sexist? Empty Re: Is Louis Sachar racist or sexist?

Post  Angel Chu Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:23 pm

I think Louis Sachar is not racism or sexism No although in holes, it really contains a lot of it. I think it's just that at the time in Holes (1970s-1980s), there are many people who are racism or sexism and Louis Sachar just want to show that off in his novel Exclamation

Angel Chu

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum