Mr. Bogart's English Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZERO....or is it?

+5
Kylie:)
CRYSTAL~WONG 4D
shanahly Wan
peggyme
Mr.Bogart
9 posters

Go down

ZERO....or is it? Empty ZERO....or is it?

Post  Mr.Bogart Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:04 am

Zero has his nickname as just that. What do you think about his name and what will happen to Zero in Holes?
Mr.Bogart
Mr.Bogart
Admin

https://bogart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ZERO....or is it? Empty Re: ZERO....or is it?

Post  peggyme Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:09 pm

What do you think about his name and what will happen to Zero in Holes?
I think that Zero's name is really powerful because it's making me think that he doesn't want to remember anything that happened before he came in Camp Green Lake. The name Zero is like hinting us that theres someting that happened that people want to forget because they didn't want to remember it. So far, Zero is acting quite weird. He is just like his name, zero personality, zero expression, zero talking... But I think Stanley and Zero are going to become friends because from the author's descriptions, I can tell that Zero has changed a lot since Stanlet came in. For example, he was actually interested in what Stanlet did and actually asked him!

Zero would be a very important character in the story I think. He is very special because the author seem to not reveal a lot about his past. The other boys seem very active and bad and Zero is just very quiet. Maybe too quiet! I think Zero would "explode" one day and change all of a sudden, he is really being very unusual compared to the other boys.
peggyme
peggyme

Back to top Go down

Post  shanahly Wan Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:25 pm

Mr.Bogart wrote:Zero has his nickname as just that. What do you think about his name and what will happen to Zero in Holes?
I think Zero is just a nickname the boys give him.

shanahly Wan

Back to top Go down

Post  CRYSTAL~WONG 4D Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:17 pm

zero got this name because he has once mentioned he is stupid and he has zero and nothing in his mind,em...and i bet they can leave the camp at last and get rid from the curse.......(haha actually i have already read this book) affraid

CRYSTAL~WONG 4D

http://www.xanga.com/cwcwing

Back to top Go down

Post  Kylie:) Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:01 pm

yea! I agree with Crystal:)
When Armpit or someone else ask Zero "what activities or things do you like to do?"
He just answer "I love digging holes."
haha. so they think this boy is stupid and nth in his mind except DIGGING HOLES!
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Janice_C Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Mr.Bogart wrote:Zero has his nickname as just that. What do you think about his name and what will happen to Zero in Holes?

I think that Zero is a very special character in the book, his nickname is called Zero because they think that he have got nothing in his mind besides digging, but the truth is he doesn't like answering questions. On the other hand, his real name is also called Zero, this is a very important message that tells us the relationship between Zero and Stanley.
Janice_C
Janice_C

Back to top Go down

Post  selinama Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:53 pm

I think Zero is a vrey very very important character in the book because if he did not ran away from Camp Green Lake, Stanley might not have carried him to the big thumb and the family curse of Stanley would not be broken. If Zero did not ran away, Stanley would not have found the treasure and go home in the end. That's why Zero is a very very very important character in the book. Very Happy

selinama

http://www.xanga.com/satanangelselina

Back to top Go down

Post  English Addict - Helen Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:26 pm

I think that many people will think "zero" means "nothing". So, in "Holes", Hector had given "Zero" this name was mean that he knew nothing. I don't agree with this saying. Instead saying that he had nothing in his brain and was stupid, I think "zero" in this book mean the opposite meaning. It just like hidding something mysterious under "zero" this name. Yet we can see that Zero is very miraculous in the book, he can quickly get the answer of some calculate questions but no reason why he did. Also, without learning things about something, he can do that thing. I think Zero in this book is a genius.
Also, I think Zero was a very important character in this book. Because he and Stanley were the one who brought out a series of things which was the main part of the book. I think maybe Zero will be a scientist, inventor or something else that have a lot of prospects in the future as I say that he was a genius.
English Addict - Helen
English Addict - Helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Chu Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:23 am

I think it's not because of his nickname that lead to what had happened to him. It's all because of his own character. I like his character. And it's because his tough character, ie went to big thumb, that brings Stanley back to a wealthy family.
Zero really helps Stanley a lot. pirat

Angel Chu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum